Friday, October 1, 2010

As the Deer

I am so blessed to live in a neighborhood where deer can be found roaming at any time.  While on my way to work this morning I noticed a car stopped in the middle of the road.  This usually means that a deer is getting ready to cross the road so I of course stopped as well.  I then noticed 5 little baby deer eating grass on the side of the road and so we waited as each one took its time crossing. 

Even though this is a common occurrence, it never ceases to amaze me!  It always makes me think of one of my favorite church songs which is taken from Psalm 42:1, "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God."

As the deer panteth for the water,
So my soul longs after you.
You alone are my hearts desire,
And I long to worship You.

You alone are my strength, my shield;
To You alone may my spirit yield.
You alone are my hearts desire,
and I long to worship You.



 

1 comment:

  1. that is so awesome and that you and Jason get to witness such cool tings.

    out by one of our water wells there are semi-tame deer wondering around. there is a vet clinic across the road and I think they come from there.

    love ya,
    bob

    ReplyDelete