Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Story of Jason and Sarah

While Leezard may be great (and quite possibly more interesting than my next topic), I thought it important to introduce you to myself as well as my husband, Jason. 

If it is not already obvious, my name is Sarah Brinker (formally, but always at heart, Sarah Sheeley).  I grew up in Bryan, Texas and graduated from Texas A&M University in May 2005 with a degree in History.  I spent 2 months after graduation backpacking by myself through Europe which was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done.  I have worked for the same company for the past 4 years and am blessed to hold the position of Corporate Recruiter.

Jason grew up in Jackson, Michigan but his family moved him to the Las Vegas area during high school.  You may ask, “What brought Jason to the great state of Texas?”  The answer is: taekwondo.  During a tournament, he was approached by the A&M taekwondo instructor to move to College Station and assist with coaching.  Though he is no longer involved with the A&M taekwondo team, the sport is still a large part of his life and he continues to teach others as often as possible.  Jason is a Communications Technician (don’t try to understand what that means, just know it is fancy computer stuff) for the same company I work for.
 

We did not meet at work, but met out with mutual work friends.  We began dating in May 2007, were engaged on Thanksgiving in 2008 and were married on January 23, 2010 in Bryan.  The day couldn’t have been more amazing.  I hope to someday have my wedding photos to share with you but as some of you may or may not know my photographer has disappeared off the face of the earth (a topic which I am guaranteed to blog about at some point).

We are Christians first and foremost.  We love our church and are involved in our young married couple’s class.  We having amazing friends and family and we love to travel as much as possible.  I love doing our finances which is something I picked up from my mom, the financial planner.  We also love working out and being active.  Most recently we've been spending time fixing up our house which is coming along quite nicely!

As I am inspired I will be sure to express myself in blog form…hopefully not waiting as long as I did this time to post.  Topics will range but I will do my best to keep them interesting.

As my good friends the Ghost Hunters would say...on to the next!


5 comments:

  1. Great post! :) Memories! And you guys had a BEAUTIFUL wedding. :) Not really a a surprise since you are both beautiful people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the background story- I couldn't remember how I knew you, but then it clicked when you said you worked at Rey Rey- ha ha! And I agree with Lizzie, you are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    Cathie and I are really proud to see the walk you have been on since we first met you, I think, when you were an 8th or 9th grader. We are greatly encouraged. We offer you the reminder blessing from verses 24-25 in Jude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a very cool blogosphere.

    I am so very glad and happy you and Jason are in my life. y'all are family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Thanks everyone!

    Jude 24-25
    24 To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

    ReplyDelete