Monday, January 31, 2011

Starbucks Here I Come!

So today is the last day of my 31 day H2O challenge and I couldn't be happier!  It has been a really long month, but I must say that I am very proud of myself.  Giving up everything but water for 1 month was a lot harder than I thought it would be. 

I will admit that after much debate I did make ONE exception.  Jason and I brought back a bottle of wine from Australia for our 1 year anniversary and I of course did not take this into account when I decided to take this challenge.  I did have 1 glass to celebrate with my wonderful hubby!  Though I was very conflicted about whether or not to partake in the wine, I decided that it would be okay because overall I was doing an amazing job with my 31 day challenge.

Health-wise, I didn't feel any different, maybe just a little more hydrated.  My teeth did seem to naturally whiten a bit which was nice.  I saved a lot of money for sure (an estimated $75 because since I didn't make trips to Starbucks, neither did Jason)!  And every time I felt weak and wanted to give in, I remembered why I was doing this and felt a renewed strength.

Now that I've completed this challenge, I hope to use this as an opportunity to be aware of times when I may be overindulging and put a stop to it before it gets too crazy!

Starting tomorrow I'm giving up sweets for the month of February.  I expect this to be difficult but I know I can do it!

1 comment: