Thursday, February 28, 2013

Weighing In

Warning!  If the thought of looking at my stomach does not appeal to you, you should probably consider turning back now!


When I got pregnant with Aria back in March of 2011 I weighed in at a respectable 127lbs. I'm pretty certain that overnight I gained 10lbs (or so it seemed). During my pregnancy I was honestly not concerned with my weight. The ONLY time I stepped on a scale was when I made a visit to the doctor and even then I really didn't pay attention to what it read. My philosophy was that as long as I was healthy and not being scolded for weight gain by my doctor I had nothing to gain by looking at a scale.  I’m not exactly sure how much weight I ended up putting on but I know I had to have weighed around 152lbs (maybe even a little more) by the time I went into labor.  Honestly, I don’t think I ended up too bad off.

 This picture was taken about 2 weeks before Aria was born.
 

My initial thought was that as soon as Aria arrived and my body was back to normal I would jump right in to working out, cutting my calories, and getting rid of that excess weight.  But the more reading I did on breastfeeding, the more I grew concerned that if I began my workout routine and cut my calories I could face the possibility of my milk supply drying up before Aria turned one.  So I opted to sacrifice my body for another year to make sure I could reach my goal of not spending one dime on formula!  I lost a little weight after she was born but I stayed pretty steady around 145lbs for the majority of her first year of life.

 This picture was taken at my best friend's wedding in August 2012.
 
As soon as Aria turned one it was game on!  The first step for me was cutting my calories and getting used to not eating every dessert in site.  I saw a little change in my weight and after the holidays I added working out to the mix.  I am excited to say that so far I’ve lost about 11lbs!  I’ve still got some work to do to re-shape and get those last few pounds off, but it is really encouraging to see progress being made. 

So these aren't exactly before pictures, but I think this is a good starting point.  I’ve got to be honest, I’m not really comfortable putting my stomach on display for everyone to see, but I think it’s important to have some accountability.  I mean do I really want the last picture you see to be my “before” picture?? 

 
 

While I know that I will probably never have “washboard” abs, I definitely think I can shave off a little more of that muffin top.  So here’s to making good choices!


Stats:
February 26th, 2013
Weight: 132.8lbs
Waist: 36 inches
Resource: The Daily Plate (I mainly use the free mobile app)

 

1 comment:

  1. You go, girl! I actually just got off the scale and today marks 30 pounds of pregnancy weight gain for me... fun times :) I know I won't be able to resume workout habits right after they're born, but I am really looking forward to when I can again- I feel like a lazy sloth!

    ReplyDelete